Saturday, 5 September 2015

Silence


Why do I scare you so oh noisy one!
Your demons you pushed so far below
How convinced are you, that they exist no more?
Come, take a look, go on, take a peek
Is it so easy to make those voices flee?

Ah! I have been here since time immemorial
You would know, had you some guts and a dash of daring
Close your eyes and explore my depth
Great heights we'd reach over the symphony of your heartbeat

Those dreams you dream, the things you see,
Who, but who would put them there but me?
Alas, my only companions are Stupid and Stupider
Illiterate fools, squabbling for the king's attention

But you won't give it - No.
More noise you send down, more layers of lies
It's a rave party here. No lack of noise.
There is no river of Lethe to carry away your lost memories.

4 comments:

  1. There is no river of Lethe to carry away your lost memories.

    There are no currents swift enough to lighten the burden off my chest
    For when you shout, until the lungs burn out
    I follow you before, I follow u after,
    How I am where I am, are all but who I am
    I am silent for that's who I am -silent voices
    Once here, yet never there.. Giving in is an illusion
    For we are together and bound in time
    Bound to be as eternal as we can be

    Depths within are measured by timely actions
    Depths beyond we explore.. In silence together.



    Just a couple of words.. Didn't mean to add on to the poem, but just a humble submission of appreciation through mere words..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful...I especially love the lines
      'For we are together and bound in time
      Bound to be as eternal as we can be'
      That truly is the essence of the entire poem.
      Thanks Chandra!

      Delete
  2. Exactly like panda.. You are too kind in recognising my mere words with subtle and profound meanings. Thank for dor the verse firstly and also reading through my mumbling comments..;)

    ReplyDelete