My body is made of curves, of little sticks, of odd little quirks. I leave behind a trail that is sometimes halted, unsure…sometimes wide and inviting. I may crawl across your vision like vines interlocked in an embrace or hop with hurried, sharp steps. I come with little spots and dashes in just the right places that wake you from your spellbound gaze.
I am powerful enough to stand alone. Paired with the right members of my family, I can spread a smile across your face or pull tears from your eyes. I spill easily into the crevices of my usual haunt and dance in wonderful glory. Just one of me can fill an entire empty space and yet, several of me will occupy the same quite comfortably if distributed cleverly enough.
I have a unique soul, sometimes I have more than two. I am the reason you exist the way you do. The continuity of your species would be impossible without me. I define power and growth.
Our relationship is as deep as your spirit is. I only offer you what you want to discover. My purposes constantly change and I'm faithful to each of them. My troupe of brothers and sisters are spread across the world. A few you might be familiar with, most you are not.
I am your teacher, your best friend, a result of your memories. I am your counsellor- I relieve you without revealing your pain. I understand you. I am you.
I am A Word.

Poetic! :)
ReplyDeleteLoved your write-up and 'm awestruck... no words to describe how beautiful this description is! Keep more of such poetry coming...
Thank you so much Su! Will try to provide more such write-ups! :)
Delete"I am your teacher, your best friend, a result of your memories. I am your counsellor- I relieve you without revealing your pain. I understand you. I am you."- yes! Perfect! This piece is genius! I love it! How poignant... can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for taking the time to read my work and for your feedback Gretel!
DeleteI am in loveeeee š..........( with this )
ReplyDeleteThis is truly amazing!
ReplyDelete